Dual Credit Steps & Information
You have decided you want to take Dual Credit during your high school career, now what?
Dual Credit courses that have below 15 students registered will be taught through an online platform or may not make/be offered.
*NEW ENROLLMENT INFORMATION FOR 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR*
STEP 1 - Attend a FISD Dual Credit Information Night / Application Session
Students/parents may attend either session, each session will have the same presentations. Eastfield College will be presenting information regarding dual credit.
- Informational Sessions for 23-24 school year: Dual Credit/Collegiate Academy Info Night
If assistance is needed with the application, please view the tutorial below.
STEP 2 - Complete the DCCCD online application
Once students complete their DCCCD online application, they will need to write down their DCCCD student ID, immediately, as this ID will be used on all dual credit forms.
- CLICK HERE (Links to an external site.) for the link to DCCCD online application
- Video tutorial on how to complete online application: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- DCCCD Online Application assistance (Does not need to be turned in; directions to assist with online application)
STEP 3 - Complete Dual Credit Enrollment Form for 2022-23
ALL students must complete this enrollment form after requesting courses in Skyward. Please contact your campus lead counselor with any questions regarding course requests.
- Forney High School: Cara Jesse - email@example.com
- North Forney High School: Megan Boyd - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that students must select one of the dates on the enrollment form to take TSIA2 - Texas Success Initiative Assessment - to take dual credit classes unless they have met one (or more) of the TSI Exemptions below:
Collegiate Academy Documents
- Collegiate Academy Informational: Please review this document if you are interested in participating in the Collegiate Academy for the 2023-24 School year
- FISD Associate of Science degree plan