IT Support: How to Submit a Help Desk Ticket
The Help Desk system allows requests to be organized, prioritized, and routed to the appropriate team or technician. In order for us to provide and maintain our expected level of service to FISD staff and students, all support requests must be submitted as a ticket.
The Help Desk web portal is available at helpdesk.forneyisd.net, from any internet connected device.
Once logged in, Staff and Students can enter their request details from the “Request” tab. You will receive an email confirmation once your ticket has been created, and any follow up communication from a support staff member will also be sent to your inbox.
If you would like to receive updates at a different email address, you will need to enter your email address in the CC field and check the “Enabled” box before submitting.
- Staff submitting a ticket on behalf of a student must include the student’s full name and ID number. This allows for faster response from a Tech and helps ensure that the correct student is being assisted.
- Parents wanting to submit a question or request on behalf of their student will need to use their student’s account to login to the Help Desk.
PK-2 students do not have access to a FISD email account and parents will need to enter their personal email in the CC field.
Unable to Login?
If you are unable to access the web portal, or if you have an immediate emergency, a Help Desk request can be submitted by contacting your campus TechSpot.
- Staff can call their campus TechSpot extension for support.
- Students can visit the TechSpot, in-person, as permitted by campus rules.
- For the 2020 school year, Virtual Academy students who are unable to access the Help Desk web portal will need to contact their Virtual Academy Teacher.
The teacher will be able to guide the student in logging into the Help Desk or requesting a password reset.